One Step Forward Two Steps Back
Recap Week 75
Another horrible and painful call on WP, this time I go for them and what happens? They draw the second half just like the Lions did with Cheetahs two weeks ago. I am now 4/4 getting WP wrong, effectively my bad calls on WP and Lions have killed my Currie Cup figures that were showing a profit last year, now showing a desperate loss!!
Loss: 2 units
Again the story of my current form, getting just one game correct, Pumas minus away from home v Cheetahs, this was an interesting one and I should have gone bigger, the closer it got to game time the more confident I became.
Profit: 0.9 units
Sharks absolutely smashed the Lions, their defence was impeccable, I honestly did not see this one coming, well done to you if you backed the Sharks.
Loss: 3 units
- This week – Loss: 3.1 units off 5 units over 3 plays (ROT: -629%) with 1/3 or 33.3% SR
- Last year – Profit: 3.4 units off 119 units over 46 plays (ROT: 2.85%) with 26/46 or 56.5% SR
- Overall – Loss: 17.05 units off 154.5 units over 62 plays (ROT: -11%) with 31/62 or 50% SR
My worst week this year in Pro 14, just when I was starting to claw my way back, got the Kings right, should have backed them to win the game, I did at Game time, but my preview I went plus only. In fact I had a strike on the Kings at 75/1 about -14.5 only to get done at the siren!! Well done Kings for fixing the problems of last week!!
Zebre were poor v Dragons, Edinburgh getting obliterated and Benetton not even coming close v Ospreys.
- This week – Loss: 2.2 units off 6 units over 4 plays (ROT: -36.7%) with 1/4 or 25% SR
- Last year – Loss: 13.3 units off 160.25 units over 106 plays (ROT: -8.3%) with 49/106 or 46.2% SR
- Overall – Loss: 13.55 units off 177.5 units over 122 plays (ROT: -7.6%) with 55/122 or 45.1% SR
- Currie Cup: Loss of 3.1 units
- Pro 14: Loss of 2.2 units
- Overall for the week: Loss: 5.3 units off 11 units over 7 plays (ROT: -48.2%) with 2/7 or 28.6% SR
I clearly still have some work to do on the Pro 14 and I am looking forward to some much needed time off of the Currie Cup, hopefully I will regroup and fix the problems.
Click on any of the Links below to view more content and previews on Oracle Rugby